Recently, I’ve had a few posts on how to get free miles or points (or other perks, like elite status) simply by joining a program. These promotions come and go, but in the meantime, I thought I’d share all of the current goodies in case you aren’t a member of these programs yet.
I’m a big supporter of signing up for every program so you can grab all the free miles you can get (like answering five easy questions to earn 300 Priority Club points). The five hundred miles you earn here and there are wonderful (and over time truly do add up). Eventually, you might have enough miles for a transfer bonus or one-way award flight, or at the very least, a headstart if you ever decide to get serious about that program.
Because these joining bonuses come and go, I’d recommend joining now if there’s a great bonus or holding off if they’re offering nothing (unless you actually require membership for your upcoming travel plans). TIP: For those that require travel, if you have nothing planned, hold off until you do. Hopefully, you’ll be able to get something of value just by joining!
- Accor Hotels: Free Elite Status for Joining
- Alaska Airlines: 500 Miles for Joining and Completing Your Profile
- American Airlines: 500 Miles for Joining and Referencing Promotion Code ADV30 **might be expired, give it a shot!
- Amtrak: 500 Points for Joining and Completing Your First Trip Within 90 Days
- Choice Hotels: 500 Points for Joining and Completing Your First Stay
- Club Carlson: 2000 Points for Joining (Reference Code NSB2K12) and Completing Your First Stay Within 90 Days
- Czech Airlines: 2000 Miles for Joining and Completing Your First Trip
- Jet Airways: 2000 Miles for Joining
- LAN Airlines: 1000 Kilometers for Joining
- Marriott Hotels: 2000 Points for Joining and Completing Your First Stay
- Southwest Airlines: 750 Points for Joining and Opting In to Emails for at least 3 Months
- Virgin Atlantic: 1000 Miles for Joining and Taking Your First Flight in Economy Class (2000 Miles for Premium Economy / 3000 for Upper Class)
Once you’ve joined, be sure to store and track your account numbers online.